As you all know PAN is mandatory for all the assessee. It has lots of benefits having PAN. But don’t apply new PAN if you have already PAN, it attacks penalty. Some readers ask us that they lost their PAN. So we advise to our readers first check your PAN by visiting the page of Income Tax Department “Know Your PAN” then use correction form to get it again. In this case don’t apply new one instantly. We will try to cover this topic in next article, so stay with us by subscribing your email ID or liking our Facebook page. Here we will focus only on instructions to apply new PAN Card as given below.
In this article we are giving the instructions to apply new PAN in a very simple manners. So that every layman can understand and apply himself without the help of any professional. The following guidelines to filing new application form must be followed otherwise application will be rejected by TIN center. In this case you have to submit new application form to apply PAN.
Instruction to Apply New PAN
- Use only new form 49A (w.e.f. on June 2012) to apply for new PAN Card. Old forms will not be accepted by TIN center. Download New form 49A (PAN Application form).
- Use black ink pen only as other colors of ink will not be accepted.
- Write the name which is on all the proofs. Don’t use abbreviate.
- Adhesive only the latest photograph. The size should be 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm. Don’t Pin up or staple the photograph as it will not be accepted.
- Sign only within the square as fixed in the application form. If the signature is out of the box then application will be rejected. Thumb impression should be attested by the specified authority.
- Write all the information in block letters.
- Write the address cautiously; if permanent address and correspondence address are same, then write same otherwise write correspondence address carefully because the PAN card will be sent to the correspondence address. The address should be same as on the proof of address. The landmark nearby will be helpful for the sending authority.
- The PIN code should be writing correctly as it is very important.
- Telephone or Mobile Number is also very important to write.
- AO code should be written. See how to know your AO code.
- Use new application form if there is some correction to make.
- Attach the correct proof of identity and proof of address as mentioned in the instructions page attached with the application form.
- Check PAN card status online after 3 or 4 days of application date.
Please use comment form if you have any query regarding new application of PAN. We will try to response as early as possible most probably within 24 hours.