As you know from the previous article that it is the choice of the assesee to do e-Verification of Income Tax return. There are total six ways to do e-Verification of ITRs. Here is one of the way we will discuss in detail i.e. e-Verification of Income Tax Return Through Bank Account.
Verification can be done by adding bank details like account number, IFSC code, email Id and mobile number on tax portal. Use this option when you do not have Aadhaar card or net banking facility.
Step 1: Login to your account at e-filing portal. Go to e-file menu on your account dashboard. Click on it, scroll through drop down menu and select Upload return and upload it in XML format.
Step 2: After pressing Submit, you will see a page with 4 options on e-verify return page. Choose option 2- I do not have an EVC and I would like to generate EVC to e-verify my return and click on it.
You can also use the following methods to e-Verify Your income tax return. If you find any difficulty to use bank account e-Verification.
- e-Verification through EVC (Mobile Number and e-mail) (Click here to Know More)
- e-Verification through Aadhaar OTP (Click here to Know More)
- e-Verification through net banking (Click here to Know More)
- e-Verification through Demat Account (Click here to Know More)
- e-Verification through Bank ATM (Click here to Know More)
- By sending Physical ITR-V (Click here to Know More)
About the Author
Arpit Goyal is pursuing CA and B.com & also working as an article assistant in Gurgaon. He has an immense interest in Taxation. He loves to use technology to spread knowledge about taxation & accounts.