As you know from the previous article that it is the choice of the assesee to do e-Verification of Income Tax return. There are total six ways to do e-Verification of ITRs. Here is one of the way we will discuss in detail i.e. e-Verification of Income Tax Return Through ATM.
E-verification can also be done via ATM validation facility provided that:
- ATM card of the bank account is linked to PAN Card
- Bank account is registered with Income tax online portal
- Mobile number and email ID should be registered with Bank and Tax department.
If anyone wants to e-verify tax return through ATM, he have to follow the following steps:
Step 1: You have to visit to ATM of your Bank
Step 2: After swiping your ATM card and entering PIN of your account, you will be provided with an additional option of ‘PIN FOR INCOME TAX FILING’ if your bank provides this facility and it may differ from bank to bank.
Step 5: After generation of EVC, Login to e-filing portal of income tax.
Step 6: Click on e-file on the account dashboard. Click on it and scroll through the drop down menu and click on Upload return.
Step 10: Enter the pre-generated EVC generated by the ATM which was received on your mobile number in the text box and click on Submit button to e-verify your return. If verification is successful following message will appear:
You can also use the following methods to e-Verify Your income tax return. If you find any difficulty to use ATM method.
- e-Verification through EVC (Mobile Number and e-mail) (Click here to Know More)
- e-Verification through Aadhaar OTP (Click here to Know More)
- e-Verification through net banking (Click here to Know More)
- e-Verification through Demat Account (Click here to Know More)
- e-Verification through Bank Account (Click here to Know More)
- By sending Physical ITR-V (Click here to Know More)
About the Author
Arpit Goyal is pursuing CA and B.com & also working as an article assistant in Gurgaon. He has an immense interest in Taxation. He loves to use technology to spread knowledge about taxation & accounts.